*WE ARE ACTIVELY MAKING GRANTS*
Help us discover more about SLC6A1 so we can help those who are diagnosed with it.
The SLC6A1 Connect research grant program will be used to fund gene therapy research that will help us to learn more about SLC6A1 and how gene therapy can be used to help those with an SLC6A1 mutation.
SLC6A1 Connect does not pay an overhead rate more than 3% on any grant.
1) Grant Application (download SLC6A1 Grant Template.)
2) Scientific Abstract and Lay abstract – 1 page or less
3) Budget Page*
4) Budget Justification Page
5) Hypothesis and Specific Aims – 1 page
6) Research Design – 4 pages, including background, preliminary data, experimental plan and methods
7) A statement on how the research will advance the understanding, treatment or care of people with an SLC6A1 mutation – ½ page
8) Citations – no limit
10) Email your completed submissions to afreed@SLC6A1Connect.org
*If the total budget for your project exceeds the amount you are requesting from SLC6A1 Connect, your budget page must include a breakdown of how all funds, including those from other sources, will be used. We do not allow for indirect costs at this time.