SLC6A1 is a relatively new gene with little information existing. Dr. Ingo Helbig at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia wrote a blog explaining the condition in Beyond the Ion Channel: Here.
Here are some articles that other parents have found helpful in understanding their children’s disease:
- Aggravation of Epilepsy by Anti-Epileptic Drugs
- GABA Transporter Deficiency Causes Tremor, Ataxia, Nervousness, and Increased GABA-Induced Tonic Conductance in Cerebellum
- Sodium-Coupled Neurotransmitter Transport: Structure, Function and Regulation
- Current and Emerging Treatments for Absence Seizures in Young Patients
- Daily Rhythms of Seizure Activity and Behavior in a Model of Atypical Absence Epilepsy